Odoo has support for variants such as colour, size and fit.
When creating a product, you can specify multiple attributes (e.g. Size and Colour) and then select a series of values for each one:
Sales Variant Selection is new in Odoo 13, with two options for selecting variants in sales orders:
1. Order Grid Entry
2. Product Configurator
Go to Sales / Configuration / Settings
- Select Variants
- Select Variant Grid Entry (if required)
- Select Product Configurator (if required)
- Click on “Attributes” (or can select from the menu)
- Display type can be a radio button, a select (dropdown) or colours
- There are three options for when variants are created.
- Instantly (default, simplest option).
- Dynamically (only created when needed)
- In the “attributes value” tab, you can add or delete attribute values
Note: in Odoo 12 the variant creation options have different names:
- On Demand (when the product is ordered)
Limit variants that can be sold
It’s possible to limit which variants can be sold (when using the Configurator and on the Website).
Here the black color is not available for Aluminium.
Click on “Configure Variants” in the Product Template:
Black is excluded for Aluminium (and Aluminium is $50.40 extra)