Odoo Studio is a very useful tool that is available in Odoo Enterprise. It was introduced in Odoo 10, but with only limited functionality, and every new release since then has seen improvements.
You can use it in several ways, including:
- Developing a small application
- Learning more about the Odoo architecture and functionality
You need some technical knowledge to use Odoo Studio, but you do not need to do programming.
You should have some understanding of relational databases, but if you are familiar with any ERP system (or other business applications) this shouldn’t be difficult. More details on the Odoo database
If you plan to create a new application it can be helpful to find similar functionality in Odoo, and study that first (and Odoo Studio can help you do that!).
What can we do in Odoo Studio?
- Create new models (database tables)
- Add fields to existing models
- Show fields from related models
- Re-design existing “views” or add new ones
- Set field attributes
- Add and change reports (from Odoo 12 onwards)
- Add search options
- Add menu options or re-arrange existing menus
- It’s also a front-end to some existing tools:
- Automated Actions
- Access Controls