Enable developer mode and navigate to Settings / Technical / Server Actions
- The options for “Action To Do” are the same as in Automated Actions
- All actions are related to a Model (database table)
- There are three usage types:
- Server Actions
- Automated Actions
- Scheduled Actions
The Binding Model is not shown as standard, but it’s easy to add with Odoo Studio. If it is set, it means this is a Contextual Action (and it will always be the same as the Model)
The only difference between between an Automated Action and a Server Action is that:
– an Automated Action has rules that define how it is triggered.
– A Server Action can only be triggered manually.
Therefore the only reason to directly create a Server Action is if it will not be run automatically. For example:
From the Server Actions menu option you can select any of the three types listed above as “Contextual Actions”. This makes them available on the “Action” menu on both List Views and Form Views.
Here are two (standard) examples for Quotations and Sales Orders (sale.order) :
- Send a Cart Recovery Email
You will find several more:
|Mark All Activities as Done||crm.lead|
|Mark Late Activities as Done||crm.lead|
|Mark as lost||crm.lead|
|Mrp: Plan Production Orders||mrp.production|
|Mrp: Unplan Production Orders||mrp.production|
|Send a Cart Recovery Email||sale.order|
You can review all the standard Server Actions to better understand the functionality.